SPORT ACCIDENT INSURANCE POLICY
The Sport Accident Insurance Policy is group coverage that can be purchased for a specific KW-Cambridge JAM team. This policy pays for select medical costs on behalf of KW-Cambridge JAM members injured while playing a regular league or playoff game. This coverage is SECONDARY to any other health care plan that a player has available.
$50 per team, per season: Ice Hockey, Ultimate
$40 per team, per season: ASOS, Basketball, Dodgeball, Floor Hockey, Football, Kickball, Soccer, Softball
$30 per team, per season: All other sports
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Does my team qualify for the Sports Accident Insurance package?
- All KW-Cambridge JAM teams that are registered by a team captain are eligible to purchase the Sport Accident Insurance policy. At this time, individual teams are not eligible.
How do I purchase the insurance policy for my team?
- Once you have registered (and named) your team, a link to purchase the Sport Accident Insurance policy will be visible on your team page. By following this link, it will create a shopping cart for the policy for your team.
Who is covered under this policy?
- Policies cover all players listed on the team roster of a specific team. ONLY players listed on the team roster are covered under that team's policy.
- A player is NOT eligible to make a claim if they are not listed on the team roster at the time of injury (players cannot be added retroactively).
- Policies are team specific. If a member plays on multiple teams, they would require multiple policies to be fully covered.
How do I submit a claim and what is required?
- In order to submit a claim under your team's Sport Accident Insurance Policy, a formal injury report must be submitted. Injury reports can be submitted through your team schedule page and must be attached to a specific game and include as much detail and information as possible.
- Claims WILL NOT be accepted without a formal injury report.
Once our team has purchased the insurance policy, can we get a refund?
- Refunds can be requested prior to the start of the season in which the policy is purchased. Refunds may not be requested after the start of the season.
Do I have to use a specific medical provider?
- No, members covered by the policy are free to use their choice of medical provider.
Looking for further clarification or more information? Please contact us at email@example.com
Our Trusted Health Partner:
As the official health partner, Cleveland Clinic Canada takes care of JAM Members to keep them in the game. We have two locations - 181 Bay Street and 150 Eglinton Ave. East. Benefits include on-site imaging (OHIP), Sports Medicine physicians (OHIP), Orthopaedic surgeons (OHIP) and rehabilitation providers. Call the dedicated JAM hotline at 1-888-507-6885 (Bay Street) or 416-481-1601 (Eglinton Ave.)